Wednesday 16 November 2016

GOD IS REAL, GOOD, PRESENT & WORKIN'

One day everythin’ is perfect, and the next, it's not. Life is funny like that I guess, a constant set of waves ever changin’ and constantly rolling in. Goodness and hardship. Happy then sad. Perfect and imperfect.

It's easy for me to think that I can handle everythin’ that comes my way. That I can squash the doubt and insecurities and keep movin’ forward in the struggle against the waves. But then one big wave comes in and knocks me down to my knees. It's easy when there is nothin’ to worry about. When things are so good, the only thing that worries you is change - the next wave. But I have found recently more than any other time that things cannot always be perfect. Things will not always be our idea of good. Life is sometimes messy and hard. And that's ok. Because when things ain't perfect, and you're tired and you feel like a failure and maybe even a loser, that's when grace shows up. Grace is what a loser needs most. We have got to rest in it.


For now, I will just be thankful. Thankful for this day. Thankful for my life. Thankful for my God. Thankful for my family. Thankful that I have people and things to be thankful for, which is just in a big way another reminder that life isn't always perfect, but that God is real and good and present and working. That is all that I require. I don't need to know more. That is what I will tell my heart every day. That is what I need to bloom.

1 comment:

  1. In one sense, ironically, it is good that the road is not a linear plot. More like sinusoidal. Spontaneous. Unpredictable. Stimulating. Adventurous. Although the thought is scary and results may vary, it is exciting all the same. Above all, it's wonderful that we have a God who is constant, unchanging and unchangeable. So, there's an anchor to hold through the various life phases. And, what's more. We are sure of victory at last. "All things work together for good to (us) that love God..." So, we just enjoy (or sometimes endure, lol) the ride with faith that the end is peace. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete