Thursday 5 September 2013

STEP OUT



Sitting here,  I remember a day in secondary school when I went to the tap at the classroom area to get water into my bucket and jerrycan. At the time, there were four taps at that location. On getting there however, there was only a single queue in front of one of the taps while the others were isolated. I didn't even bother to ask why the others were isolated, reasoning that if they were, those at the tap before me ain't so stupid as to abandon them by using only one. To confirm my suspicions, others who came after me and bothered to ask were told the other taps weren't running and I thanked God that I had wisely joined the queue in good time.

A little while later, someone just behind me heaved a sigh of dissatisfaction, left the queue and headed for one of the other taps and the rest of us on the queue bursted into laughter (for obvious reasons). To our shame and utter disbelief, water gushed into his containers!

What does this say to us? Many of us are held up in life due to assumptions and conformity. We let public opinion and tradition keep our results away from us. Those who came after me were wrong to have believed and accepted the status quo. All the more wrong was I to have assumed without even asking. Tant pis!

Ever find yourself in similar situations? Do you a favour, step out of the crowd. That impatience, that frustration, that dissatisfaction is probably more than ordinary. Go all out to make findings and get results for yourself. Conformity is deadlier than it seems, it kills your imaginations and narrows your ideas to life. Dare to try something seemingly foolish before others and water might just gush out for you before their very eyes.

Explore your options, don't let them waste. Bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment